While most of us are aware of the importance of vitamin D to our bodies, one thing that cannot be denied is that there are only a few who are dead serious in getting the right amount of this vitamin. Proof of this is the rise of the cases of people who are suffering from various complications, which is due to the shortage of vitamin D in their bodies. So, in case you are one of these individuals, the information we will share here will be a big help for you – the new guidelines put focus on vitamin D deficiency.
Let us take a brief look at the recently released guidelines on vitamin D deficiency that will benefit those people who are prone to have this problem:
- A person who is confirmed to be prone should be required to undergo a routine check-up on the level of vitamin D in his body.
- Once a person is verified suffering withm vitamin D deficiency must undergo an immediate treatment by taking vitamin D2 or the D3 supplement.
- Babies who are 12 months are required to take at least 400 International units of the vitamin D each day.
- Pregnant and lactating mothers must consume 600 IU of vitamin D every day to maintain the right level of this vitamin in their bodies.
- Older people whose ages range from 70 and above should take 800 IU of vitamin D daily.
The guidelines that we have provided are essential and must be followed strictly if one wishes to maintain the density of his bone. Each of the things that are stated in the vitamin and deficiency guidelines is vital as they will help and give you the assurance that you will not suffer from any shortage of this vitamin.