People who are in a diet wanted to see results in the fastest way possible. And more often than not, they go for fasting. Do you know the dangers of fasting? At first, you will get fascinated about the fast shedding of your weight but in the long run you might regret doing such activity. What are the dangers that I am talking about? Here is a simple enumeration.
- Weight regain, this is one of the main risks of fasting. Once you have stopped depriving yourself from food, the tendency is that you will starve for more which results to more food intake than the usual.
- Malnutrition. Since you are depriving yourself not only of the bad foods but the good foods as well, the result will be lack of the vitamins and minerals that the body needs to function well. As a matter of fact, according to the studies, fasting can even result to death!
- Lowering of metabolism. Since the metabolism process will be disturbed, it will result to unsuccessful attempt of losing weight. Actually, fasting can result to faster weight gain.
- Development of an eating disorder. There are two basic disorders that you might get by engaging into fasting, the anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa. Anorexia Nervosa is a disorder wherein you will just vomit all the food that you intake once it has reached your stomach. On the other hand, Bulimia nervosa is a disorder wherein you do something just to blow out all the food that you have eaten,
- Development of other disorders and diseases such as constipation, dehydration and gallbladder malfunctioning.
With the facts presented, we can say that the hazards of fasting are really serious matters. The guts to lose weight are a good thing but before we do something to reach such goal, we must make sure that it will not give bad effects on our body.